Virtual Online Auction
Sale Date: Tuesday, September 5, 2023
Sale Time: 10:00 AM CST
Seller: Otte Family Revocable Inter Vivos Trust
Edward & Deborah Otte
562.8 Surveyed Acres • 4 Tracts
Friday, August 25th • 4-5:30 PM
30510 Hwy. P
Canton, MO 63435
Tract 1 – N/S
Tract 2 – N/S
Tract 3 – N/S
Tract 4 – $8,150.00/acre
The Otte Farm is located in Sections 25, 26 & 36, T64N•R6W, Clay Township, and Section 4, T63N•R6W, Clay Township, Clark County, MO approximately 7 miles southeast of Wayland, MO or approximately 13 miles north of Canton, MO.
From Wayland, MO go south approximately 7 miles on U.S. Hwy. 61/27 to MO St. Hwy. F. Turn left of east and proceed 3 miles to Mo St. Hwy. P, turn left or north and go 1 mile to Tracts 1-3. Tract 4 is located in the southeast corner of the intersection of U.S. Hwy. 61/27 and MO St. Hwy. F.
From Canton, MO, go north approximately 13 miles on U.S. Hwy. 61/27, then turn right or east onto Hwy F. Continue east for approximately 3 miles, then turn left or north and proceed 1 mile on Hwy P to Tracts 1-3. Tract 4 is located in the southeast corner of the intersection of U.S. Hwy. 61/27 and MO St. Hwy. F.
John M. Wilcox
Wilcox Law Firm LLC
401 W. Elm
Shelbina, MO 63468
Title Work By:
Oak Hills Title Co.
309 Lewis Street
Canton, MO 63435
Jim Huff (319) 931-9292
John Probasco (641) 856-7355
BIDDING IS NOW LIVE!
The Otte farm has been in the family for over 100 years, and has been meticulously maintained by the family. Tract 1 is nearly 100% tillable and offers 3 Valley pivot irrigations systems. Tract 2 is also nearly 100% tillable and includes 1 Valley pivot irrigations system, several metal machinery sheds, well-kept mobile home and offers premier Mississippi Flyway waterfowl hunting. Tract 3 offers highly productive tillable cropland and includes outstanding Northern Missouri whitetail deer & wild turkey hunting acreage with Fox River frontage. Tracts 1-3 include blacktop frontage from State Hwy P. Tract 4 offers highly productive tillable cropland with unlimited potential for commercial development with Hwy 61 frontage.
Tract 1 • 178.7 Surveyed Acres
- FSA information indicates approximately 174.70 acres of tillable cropland, with the balance of the tract in waterways.
- Productive Gifford, Excello & Perks soils.
- This tract is improved with (3) Valley 8000 Series (3) tower towable irrigation pivots.
- Access is on the east by MO St. Hwy P.
Tract 2 • 146 Surveyed Acres
Physical Address: 30510 Hwy. P • Canton, MO
- FSA information indicates approximately 140.53 acres of tillable cropland, with the balance of the tract in wooded draws and a building site.
- Productive Colo, Fatima & Perks soils.
- This tract is improved with a Valley 8000 Series (3) tower towable irrigation pivot and a drip tape irrigation system that covers approximately 16 acres in the northeast portion of the tract. The 16 +/- acres in the northeast portion includes a very nice waterfowl hunting blind that offers premier waterfowl hunting in the Mississippi Flyway.
- Other improvements include a 2010 896 sq. ft. manufactured home, a 40ft. x 48ft. storage building that was built in 2008, a 36ft. x 108ft. storage building built in 2000 and a very usable 36ft. x 88ft. storage building. Please note that all (3) of these structures will have new steel installed prior to the auction.
- Access is on the west by MO St. Hwy. P.
Tract 3 • 203.5 Surveyed Acres
- FSA information indicates approximately 152.63 acres of tillable cropland, with the balance of the tract in wooded areas and wooded draws. This tract offers premier Northern Missouri whitetail deer & wild turkey hunting and includes Fox River frontage.
- Productive Colo, Beaucoup & Fatima soils.
- Access is on the west by MO. St. Hwy. P via an owned access area along the southern portion of Tract 2.
Tract 4 • 34.6 Surveyed Acres
- FSA information indicates approximately 30.80 acres of tillable cropland, with the balance of the tract in a wooded area in the southern portion.
- Productive Colo, Wakeland & Beaucoup soils.
- This parcel offers unlimited potential for business development and is highly visible with U.S. Hwy. 61/27 frontage.
- Access is on the north by MO St. Hwy. F.
The Otte farm will be sold in 4 individual tracts based on a completed survey. Said surveyed acres will be used to constitute the final settlement price. All tracts will be offered through the marketing method of “Buyers Choice”, whereas the high bidder can purchase (in any order) any or all of the 4 tracts for their high bid. “Buyers Choice” auctioning will continue until all tracts have been elected. The tracts will NOT be offered in their entirety at the end of the auction.
Bidding is NOT subject to the following contingencies, including but not limited to financing, an appraisal or inspection of the property.
Immediately following the auction, the successful buyer will be required to sign a real estate sales contract and pay ten percent (10%) of the purchase price as a non-refundable down payment which will be held in escrow until closing by Oak Hills Title Co. The balance of the purchase price will be due at closing which will take place on or before Friday, October 20th, 2023 at Oak Hills Title Co. Said signing of the real estate sales contracts will be done via DocuSign or via email.
The 2023 real estate taxes will be paid by the seller. The 2024 & all subsequent years’ real estate taxes will be the responsibility of the buyer(s). Title insurance in the full amount of the purchase price will be provided by the seller. Closing costs will be split between the buyer & seller. Possession on all tracts will be given at the time of closing, subject to the removal of the crops. The seller will retain possession of the storage buildings on Tract 2 until December 1, 2023. The seller will retain use of the electric meters until the removal of the crops. Possession of the mobile home on Tract 2 will be subject to a lease with the tenant. The tracts sell free & clear for the 2024 crop year.
All announcements made sale day take precedence over prior advertising either written or oral. The information in our brochure, in our advertisements and on our website is believed to be accurate; however, no liability for its accuracy, errors or omissions is assumed. All lines drawn on maps, photographs, drone video, etc. are approximate. Buyers should verify the information to their satisfaction. There are no expressed or implied warranties made by the seller or Merit Auctions pertaining to this property. Real estate is being sold “AS IS”.
Please Note: There is a renter in the mobile home on Tract 2. They will have possession up to 60 days after closing. The fuel barrels & dumpster located on Tract 2 does not convey with the real estate.
Please Note: There is currently one electric meter serving the irrigations systems on Tracts 1 & 2. If there are different buyers for Tracts 1 & 2, the seller will have a second meter installed at seller’s expense so that each tract is on its own meter.